Paul tells his fellow believers in Philippians 4:5-7, “The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guide your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Specific needs this week:
● Kathy Tugwell: (1) Our son Chris is starting his new job w/the sheriff’s this Tuesday 9/5. (2) My sister is not doing well. Please pray for her healing. (3) Please pray for my nephew Jason who is my sister’s caregiver 24/7. He needs strength in all areas (physical, mental, spiritual, emotional) and he also needs a job to do from home.
● Pray for the DeClue family as they return from sabbatical this week.
● Calvary Nampa: Pray for the Snyder family during their first weeks of being in Nampa, ID as they get to know their new church, discern how best to lead them, and as they transition as a family with all things new (school, place to live, doctors, etc.).
● Calvary Kearney: Pray for the Parish family as they follow up on hundreds of college students as they arrive back on campus for the year. Pray with them for another pastor to help lead this church plant.
● Pray for community groups in Monument and Westminster, being led by Calvary interns, that will likely become church plants.
● Pray that each person in our congregation would be yielded to the Spirit in being on mission for the sake of the gospel.
General requests and petitions this week:
● Pray for God to strengthen those experiencing trials and suffering. – Luke 21:36
● Pray for the spiritual growth of children in our church. – Matthew 19:13-14
● Pray that we would not be overcome by temptation. – Luke 22:40
● Ask God to give His wisdom to us when making decisions. – James 1:5
● Pray for those far from God to find life in Christ – 1 John 5:16
● Pray that God would raise up and send out more missionaries from our church. – Matthew 9:38
● Pray that our congregation will grow to know God more deeply. – Ephesians 1:17
● Pray for unity and harmony in our church and among other churches. – John 17:20-21
● Pray for greater faith. – Mark 9:24
● Pray for God to be glorified in every area of our church. – 2 Corinthians 10:31
● Pray that our church family will connect with one another authentically. – Hebrews 10:24-25
● Pray for the sick in our church. – James 5:13-15
● Pray that we as individuals and families will keep in step with the Spirit. – Galations 5:25