Paul tells his fellow believers in Philippians 4:5-7, “The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guide your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Specific needs this week:
- John Doe – Pray for local police officers and emergency personnel and their families. There was a shooting and domestic violence incident in Highlands Ranch this morning. Pray for the unity among agencies. Pray for their service, and the impact their job has on their lives.
- Sam Nia – I will be moving back home in the next couple weeks and am asking for continued prayers for the trip and that the Holy Spirit continues to use me to spread the good news of the Gospel. Continue to pray that my faith increases and I rest all things in Christ our King! Please pray that I am constantly reassured that victory was achieved at Calvary! It is a true blessing to have a congregation completely scripture based/and based alone.
- Alice Groat – Asking for God to grow us and strengthen us in our suffering following the murder of my nephew, his girlfriend, and her mother. The man who killed the three of them was a Lutheran youth pastor. That community is also suffering deeply. Pray for God’s mercy on his life.
- Amanda Kuzava – Please pray for my best friend who is going through depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and attempts. Pray that she doesn’t loose hope in getting past this point in her life. Also, pray for me and my recent breakup. Pray I am able to get over it and lean on God through it all. Also, for my ex boyfriend to have hope that he can be happy without being in a relationship with me.
- Patrick Essig – Going through a divorce, homeless, couch surfing and struggling finances. I also feel alone, I just want to feel hope and promise again in my life/joy.
- Jacquie Baker – My cousin Christina passed away in an accident on 12/26. She has four daughters, 22, 18, 15, and 8. My other cousin Candice is taking the two younger girls. Prayers for comfort, adjustment, and that they find the Lord.
- Mary Collins – The LGBT ruled in California that the elementary schools have to teach about same sex marriage. The schools say the parents can’t opt out of it. Please pray that Christians will rise up and pray for this situation.
General requests and petitions this week:
● Pray for God to strengthen those experiencing trials and suffering. – Luke 21:36
● Pray for the spiritual growth of children in our church. – Matthew 19:13-14
● Pray that we would not be overcome by temptation. – Luke 22:40
● Ask God to give His wisdom to us when making decisions. – James 1:5
● Pray for those far from God to find life in Christ – 1 John 5:16
● Pray that God would raise up and send out more missionaries from our church. – Matthew 9:38
● Pray that our congregation will grow to know God more deeply. – Ephesians 1:17
● Pray for unity and harmony in our church and among other churches. – John 17:20-21
● Pray for greater faith. – Mark 9:24
● Pray for God to be glorified in every area of our church. – 2 Corinthians 10:31
● Pray that our church family will connect with one another authentically. – Hebrews 10:24-25
● Pray for the sick in our church. – James 5:13-15
● Pray that we as individuals and families will keep in step with the Spirit. – Galations 5:25