Paul tells his fellow believers in Philippians 4:5-7, “The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guide your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Specific needs this week:
- Community – Pray for the neighborhoods that surround the church. There are two Mormon missionaries that live in the apartments next to Calvary. Also, for the children and families who attend Englewood’s Finest High School. Ask the Lord to help us be lights to all.
- Calvary Englewood – There are many in our congregation who are struggling with sickness and loss. Ask the Lord to surround them in fellowship, joy, and encouragement. May our church always be a place for the hurting to find hope. Also, pray for those who are going through a time of joy and comfort. Ask the Lord to provide them with ways to bless others in our church and to always remember His goodness.
- Calvary Family of Churches – Pray for God to expand our influence & networks in our communities
- David Burkhart – I ask for prayer for my brother, Steven. His cancer has made a comeback and he is soon to have another surgery to remove it. May this be the last time it comes back, same with his diabetes and aneurism. Also, pray for his Disability to get approved so he can withdraw his social security, as there is no way he can work. Pray for myself for strength to carry on and not give up, to continue to seek and get closer to our King and the price He paid for our salvation, and that I never forget He has already won the battles and the war and things will be exactly how the Father decreed. Also, that we may find a place that we can afford to live. Thanks again for letting us be safe here at the church. God bless.
General requests and petitions this week:
● Pray for God to strengthen those experiencing trials and suffering. – Luke 21:36
● Pray for the spiritual growth of children in our church. – Matthew 19:13-14
● Pray that we would not be overcome by temptation. – Luke 22:40
● Ask God to give His wisdom to us when making decisions. – James 1:5
● Pray for those far from God to find life in Christ – 1 John 5:16
● Pray that God would raise up and send out more missionaries from our church. – Matthew 9:38
● Pray that our congregation will grow to know God more deeply. – Ephesians 1:17
● Pray for unity and harmony in our church and among other churches. – John 17:20-21
● Pray for greater faith. – Mark 9:24
● Pray for God to be glorified in every area of our church. – 2 Corinthians 10:31
● Pray that our church family will connect with one another authentically. – Hebrews 10:24-25
● Pray for the sick in our church. – James 5:13-15
● Pray that we as individuals and families will keep in step with the Spirit. – Galatians 5:25