Paul tells his fellow believers in Philippians 4:5-7, “The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guide your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Specific needs this week:
- Cher Harris – My friend, Raynette, has end-stage liver failure. Pray for salvation and complete healing. She is a new friend who lives in Kona, HI. Raynette wants me to move to Kona. I need God’s direction. It was a desire prior to her invitation. My sister-in-law, Marti, is grieving. My brother/pastor passed on Jan 7, 2018. They were a couple made in Heaven.
- Sharla Adams – Prayers please for my mom’s emotional health. Prayers of peace for me and Garrett while we search for a new house to call our home, we are learning greater trust in His plan. Thank you!
- Jason Kayser – This Friday, my brother, me, and Kierra (our intern and daughter of our former pastor in San Jose, CA) will go to Vietnam to minister to orphans and underprivileged. We’ll go under our non-profit, The Sparo Group. My brother and I will be there a week and Kierra will stay 2 months then meet us in the Ukraine in July when we take a small team there. We trust that God has huge plans for us as we work to establish life-skills training programs for the Hope Centre, a private orphanage working with 120 kids under 14! Prayer for logistics and the Lord’s will to be done in and through us!
- Jonna Gentry – Pray for my friends who have adopted a young man (16 years old) who has attachment disorder; they are now planning on fostering his younger sister who has experienced abuse, abandonment, etc as well.
- Edna Makepeace – We’ve both been deeply affected by our experience with Calvary. This church feels like home to me! My husband has been greatly moved as well, which is huge. Please pray for us both to have our faith strengthened and deepened as we renew our walks with Jesus. My husband (Tom) still has lingering doubts that only Jesus can touch. Please pray. Thank you!
- Caleb Davison – Davison’s are leaving in 2 weeks. The family is going to the UK. Then Caleb is flying to Poland and Ethiopia for work.
- Kathy Tugwell – My sister, Mary, is in the hospital with leg swelling, and is enduring a ton of tests. Please pray the doctors find what’s wrong.
General requests and petitions this week:
● Pray for God to strengthen those experiencing trials and suffering. – Luke 21:36
● Pray for the spiritual growth of children in our church. – Matthew 19:13-14
● Pray that we would not be overcome by temptation. – Luke 22:40
● Ask God to give His wisdom to us when making decisions. – James 1:5
● Pray for those far from God to find life in Christ – 1 John 5:16
● Pray that God would raise up and send out more missionaries from our church. – Matthew 9:38
● Pray that our congregation will grow to know God more deeply. – Ephesians 1:17
● Pray for unity and harmony in our church and among other churches. – John 17:20-21
● Pray for greater faith. – Mark 9:24
● Pray for God to be glorified in every area of our church. – 2 Corinthians 10:31
● Pray that our church family will connect with one another authentically. – Hebrews 10:24-25
● Pray for the sick in our church. – James 5:13-15
● Pray that we as individuals and families will keep in step with the Spirit. – Galatians 5:25