As we have navigated the last several months, there have been several things that have have been consistently informing our decisions. First, we have desired to honor God above all and be faithful to lead and shepherd the church as He has called us. Secondly, we have desired to honor the authorities that the Lord has instituted, and to the best of our ability abide by recommendations being made by state and local health officials. Thirdly, we have labored to best serve a congregation that is comprised of many differing opinions on this pandemic. We are so thankful for your prayers, patience, and grace with us.
On June 14th, we started offering in-person, live, outdoor worship services at 9:00am and 10:45am in our parking lot! We have been so excited to be together! In order to provide as much clarity as possible, here are the bullet points:
1) The outdoor services are limited to 175 people each, and initially we will have sign ups for these services. The sign up is available now HERE. Depending on demand, we may need to implement a rotation of attendees in the coming weeks. Keep checking your email, social media, and talking to your Pastor-Elder to stay up to date with changes in the coming weeks.
2) We will have areas marked off to encourage the recommended physical distancing throughout the service. While we love having kids running around like crazy, this season presents unique challenges. Parents, in order to best love others, let’s keep our kids close by!
3) Our county health department has informed us that face masks are highly recommended, but not mandatory. Once families are settled into their designated space for the service, masks can be removed, but are recommended when going to and from your spot. Calvary staff will be wearing masks.
4) We will have indoor bathrooms available. Please enter through the main Chenengo entrance, and exit the building through the double doors below the Children’s Check-In Desk. They will be sanitized between services.
5) Plan to bring your own blankets or chairs for seating and perhaps an umbrella if you aren't able to find shade.
6) We will not be offering any children’s programming, and our playground will remain closed for now.
7) Please park either on the streets, in our gravel lot on the west side, or in the Tri-County health lot on the east side of the building.
8) 9am attendees, please be cognizant of our capacity limit and remember that 10:45am attendees are right on your heels.
We understand that issues like physical distancing and masks are controversial, and opinions on these issues vary widely. As is the case in any public setting, attending an in-person service will include encountering people with differing convictions regarding these things. No matter where you land on these issues, we have the opportunity as the body of Christ to demonstrate love and deference to one another. Let us serve one another with Philippians 2:3-4 in mind: “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
We also recognize that for various reasons you may not be ready to attend an in-person service. And that's ok! We are committed to continuing to provide an excellent online option for you at 9:00am and 10:45am.
Again, the sign up for in-person outdoor worship is available now HERE.
We love you so much Calvary! Please let us know at any time how we can serve you and pray for you.
Ben Haley & the Pastor-Elders (Steve Anderson, Franck Corbiere, Jeff DeClue, Mark Hallock, Tim Nielson, Erik Wolgemuth)